The Gap Chess Club meets at The Gap State High School every Friday night at 0745pm.
The club conducts regular chess tournaments. See the Tournament Schedule 2018 for details.
Tournament entry is an annual fee of $5 and rated tournaments require CAQ membership.
- Club $10 adult, $5 junior
- CAQ $20
- Tournament entry $5
- $4 adult member
- $5 adult non-member
- $2 junior member
- $3 junior non-member
- Stuart Wilson Trophy Results and Games August 10, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy, 28 July 2018 July 28, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy, 20 July 2018 update - Results, standings and games July 20, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy, Results, Standings and Games July 13, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy, Round 6 results July 6, 2018
lichess.org daily puzzle
The Gap Chess Club was formed in the late 1960s. It has been a fixture of the Brisbane chess scene ever since, regularly competing in the Brisbane interclub scene, and conducted regular club tournaments since 1978. As well as tournament play, the club encourages social chess among all age groups. Members of the club contribute to providing a good social atmosphere that is welcoming to new players of all levels of chess competency.
The club meets every Friday night at The Gap State High School, Brisbane.
The Gap Chess Club is affiliated with the Chess Association of Queensland (CAQ). The club runs regular tournaments which are rated by the Australian Chess Federation (ACF).