The Gap Chess Club meets at The Gap State High School every Friday night at 0745pm.
The club conducts regular chess tournaments. See the Tournament Schedule 2018 for details.
Tournament entry is an annual fee of $5 and rated tournaments require CAQ membership.
- Club $10 adult, $5 junior
- CAQ $20
- Tournament entry $5
- $4 adult member
- $5 adult non-member
- $2 junior member
- $3 junior non-member
- Allegro Tournament, 06 October 2018 October 6, 2018
- Allegro Tournament, 14 September 2018 September 19, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy Results and Games August 24, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy Results and Games August 17, 2018
- Stuart Wilson Trophy Results and Games August 10, 2018
lichess.org daily puzzle
The Gap Chess Club was formed in the late 1960s. It has been a fixture of the Brisbane chess scene ever since, regularly competing in the Brisbane interclub scene, and conducted regular club tournaments since 1978. As well as tournament play, the club encourages social chess among all age groups. Members of the club contribute to providing a good social atmosphere that is welcoming to new players of all levels of chess competency.
The club meets every Friday night at The Gap State High School, Brisbane.
The Gap Chess Club is affiliated with the Chess Association of Queensland (CAQ). The club runs regular tournaments which are rated by the Australian Chess Federation (ACF).