DGT3000 Chess ClocksPosted on February 1, 2019
Applying a time penalty for an irregularity
The FIDE Laws of Chess took effect from 01 January 2018.
Article 7 defines Irregularities. Under 7.5.5, if an (irregular) action taken under Article 7.5.1, 7.5.2, 7.5.3 or 7.5.4 for the first completed illegal move by a player, the arbiter shall give two minutes extra time to the opponent. If the illegal move is the second completed illegal move by the same player the arbiter shall declare the game lost by this player.
Under Appendix B, for Blitz play, the time penalty is one minute (not two). Blitz play is defined (B.1) as a game where all the moves must be completed in a fixed time of 10 minutes or less for each player; or the allotted time plus 60 times any increment is 10 minutes or less.
To apply a time penalty on a DGT3000 chess clock:
- Stop the clock by pressing the middle button ⏵⏸
- Hold down the middle button ⏵⏸ for 3 seconds
- Press the right-most ⏵ button to scroll to the minute field
- Press the plus ➕ button to add one minute, and again for two minutes
- Press the right-most ⏵ button to scroll through to the end of options
- Restart the clock by pressing the middle button ⏵⏸